Friday, May 19, 2006

Young Tories: Party Poopers?



I was particularly taken by Floreat Aula's description of some of the more obnoxious Tory youths to be found haunting the dreaming spires and similar places. Having met several similar specimens as an undergraduate, by whom I was alternately patronised and pawed, there was nothing I would have been less likely to do than to join my university's Conservative Association. I cannot but feel that this is a shame, as I was probably not the only young female to be totally turned off by such idiots. Surely, if we are truly to engage more women in Tory politics, grass-roots conservatism must include all new shoots (and be less obsessed by roots)?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Palmer said...

We have to wonder what attracts such people to our party...

Answers on a postcard.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home